Wikipedia about Lower Silesia
Lower Silesia (Polish: Dolny ÅšlÄ…sk; Czech: DolnÃ Slezsko, Latin: Silesia Inferior; German: Niederschlesien; Silesian German: NiederschlÃ¤sing; Silesian: Dolny ÅšlÅ¯nsk) is the northwestern part of the historical and geographical region of Silesia; Upper Silesia is to the southeast.
Throughout its history Lower Silesia has been under the control of the medieval Kingdom of Poland, the Kingdom of Bohemia and the Austrian Habsburg Monarchy from 1526. In 1742 nearly all of the region was annexed by the Kingdom of Prussia and became part of the German Empire in 1871, except for a small part which formed the southern part of the Lower Silesian Duchy of Nysa and had been incorporated into Austrian Silesia in 1742. After 1945 the main part of the former Prussian Province of Lower Silesia fell to the Republic of Poland, while a smaller part west of the Oder-Neisse line remained within East Germany.
Bus stations in Wroclaw
Tourists traveling along Wroclaw can use for this purpose trams and public buses. Their schedules are arranged so that the tourists could at the time to get to the important historic sites that are frequently visited by them. In addition, over the weekend, which hosts an important film screenings and theater premieres, run extra buses, whose aim is to supply all interested parties on the beginning cultural event. In Wroclaw we are also bus stations, which get out not only tourists, but also students who drift on different sides of the city. In the spring and summer many tourists moving around Wroclaw also bikes, by existing in this city cycling paths.
Where to go in wroclaw?
OstrÃ³w Tumski is the oldest part of the city of WrocÅ‚aw. It was formerly an island (ostrÃ³w in Old Polish) known as the Cathedral Island between the branches of the Oder River, featuring the WrocÅ‚aw Cathedral built originally in the mid 10th century.
The 13th century Main Market Square (Rynek) prominently displays the Old Town Hall. In the north-west corner of the market square there is the St. Elisabeth's Church (Bazylika Åšw. ElÅ¼biety) with its 91,46 m tower, which has an observation deck (75 m). North of the church are the Shambles with Monument of Remembrance of Animals for Slaughter (pl). Salt Square (now a flower market) is located at the south-western corner of the market square. Close to the square, between Szewska and Åaciarska streets, there is the St. Mary Magdalene Church (KoÅ›ciÃ³Å‚ Åšw. Marii Magdaleny) established in the 13th century.
The Centennial Hall (Hala Stulecia; German: Jahrhunderthalle) designed by Max Berg in 1911?1913 is a World Heritage Site inscribed by UNESCO in 2006.